Whole Wheat Bread
This is a recipe for whole wheat bread taken from an old newspaper
- 1 envelope dry yeast
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup warm (105 to 115 degrees) water
- 1 cup wholewheat flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup of nonfat dry milk powder
|- Dissolve yeast and sugar in the water.
In a food processor with the metal blade, process together until blended
the wholewheat flour, 1 cup of the yeast mixture and 1 tablespoon oil;
Turn food processor on-off 4 times.
Add remaining white flour and process until dough forms a ball;
Process about 1 minute more to knead.
Remove dough to an oiled 80 degree place until doubled -- 1 hour.
On a slightly floured surface shape into a loaf;
- Place in an oiled 8 by 4 1/2 by 2 1/2 inch pan;
Cover and let rise as before until doubled -- 1 hour.
Brush dough with oil.
Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven until a cake tester inserted in center
comes out clean -- 30 minutes;
- If bread browns too fast, place a sheet of foil over it during the last 5
or 10 minutes of baking.
Turn out on a wire rack and cool completely.