This is a recipe for stuffed peppers taken from an old newspaper
- 6 large peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 3 tablespoons rice, raw
- 4 to 6 tomatoes, depending on size and taste
- 1 teaspoon each: dried basil, dill and sugar
Salt and pepper
|- Wash the peppers and cut off the top with the stem.
- Reserve the tops.
- Scoop out and discard the seeds.
- In an electric blender, blend onion, garlic and egg.
- Add this mixture to the meat.
- Add raw rice, parsley, basil, salt and pepper.
- Pour 2 tablespoonsful of water in each pepper and fill with meat.
- Replace the tops and put upright into a casserole.
- Quarter tomatoes and add to the casserole with 2 cups of water.
- Sprinkle with dill and sugar.
- Season and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 and 1/2 hours or until
the rice is cooked.
- Serves 6.